Damask Rose Sorbet
Damask rose sorbet is one of the most delicious beverages in Iran and has so many medical properties. For instance, it is used as the treatment of heatstroke in summer and relieves anxiety and depression. Early spring is the season of Damask rose and can be easily prepared. You can use both fresh and dried petals to make Damask rose sorbet. Today, at Tamsi saffron, we have provided its special recipe for you to enjoy!
2 kg Sugar
500 gr Damask rose petals
8 cups of water
2 tablespoon brewed saffron
1 tsp lemon juice
- Separate the fresh rose petals one by one and bring water to a boil.
- Put the rose petals in a bowl and pour the hot water at once. Then cover the entire surface. Make sure to cover the petals so the aroma would be preserved and place it in the refrigerator for 24 hrs.
- After 24 hours, drain the petals until the water comes out. Be careful not to squeeze the petals cause they can change color and turn brown.
- Pour sugar into the obtained water and put it on the heat until the sorbet thickens and becomes firm.
- Next, add the lemon juice and remove from the heat. Then add the saffron or whatever food color you want to.
- Pour the sorbet into a glass bottle and store it in the refrigerator. You can pour the sorbet first and add some ice to it and then pour the water. In this way, the sorbet does not mix with water.