If you’re used to having saffron in savoury dishes, a saffron dessert will be a wonderful
surpriseSaffron panna cotta is the panna cotta flavour you didn’t expect.
Traditional panna cotta is spiced up with a hint of saffron to give it a new flavour depth
and an irresistible bright yellow colour.
Make this yellow panna cotta and enjoy a saffron dessert this spring.
- 300 ml cream 40% fat
- 100 ml milk
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 4 g gelatin sheets
- 25 g saffron
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for a few minutes.
- Combine cream, milk and sugar in a saucepan and set on medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- When the sugar has dissolved add the saffron and keep stirring. Cook mixture on medium heat until just before it reaches boiling temperature. Remove from the heat.
- (Optional) Pour mixture through a fine sieve or cheesecloth to separate saffron threads/debris.
- Drain the gelatin and add to cream mixture, stirring to dissolve.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour hot mixture into moulds or serving cups. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set.
Tamsi business group